Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reflection

I had a major lesson before Chinese New Year and my teacher gave me a project-- to learn a violin and piano sonata(D.574 in A major) which is composed by Schubert. I listened to this piece played by Kreisler(violin) and Rachmaninoff(piano).That is fantastic!The melody is smooth and graceful. It begins in A major chord(A-C sharp-E) in Allegro.Then there is a modulation after the first section,the key turns to b minor,so it is compact than the first section.After the second section ,the melody comes back to the beginning in A major.
This is the link to this sonata: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GZJ2X8LPHs

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I can play the piano for you on studio class.XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yunjie this is a great post. You really using the blog how it should be used. I followed the link and enjoyed the music as well as your writing. Thank you and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete